Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

I guess it goes without saying that I'm really incredibly thankful for my current pregnant state. I was talking to Patrick in the car as we were driving home from my folks after Thanksgiving dinner. I can't believe it's only been one year since I had my fibroid surgery (I had a c-section to remove a 6cm fibroid last year 11/18/08). I had pretty much resolved myself to the fact that after having three miscarriages, I was not going to be able to carry a baby to term. I hadn't even been thinking of getting pregnant, so... it was quite a shock for us both when we were faced with another pregnancy. We both knew that if I could get past the 12-week mark the baby would be in the clear.

I'm so excited and anxious to be a mom I can't hardly stand it. I do want her to stay inside me as long as possible - I'm not that anxious that I want her to be even a little bit premature. I'd really like her to cook until my scheduled c-section date 12/30/09 - Patrick's tax-credit baby.

Be thankful for what you have and keep hopeful for what could be. You never know what will happen in this life. Make your choices, stay healthy and happy and enjoy all that comes your way. Even the negative things can have positive outcomes. Just stay open to the possibilities.


~Green

1 comment: