Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quilting

Working on making my third quilt top. I also purchased fabric for my fourth quilt top. I really want to make about 8 quilts to have for sale at the baby fair in November - along with knit blankets and knit luvy buddies.

I am having a bit of trouble in the layout of my crazy 9patch block quilt. I made only 18 crazy 9patch blocks and can't really figure out a way to lay them out so they look nice. I wanted to have at least two for the pieced back, but I may have to put them all on the front. Ugh! If I had only made 27 blocks, I could use a lattice-type layout.

I'm excited to start working on the next quilt top. It's a lot of greens. I'll be making 36 blocks. Six different block designs of 6 different  color combinations. It's really going to be exciting. The quilt top after that might just be a scrappy quilt with leftover fabrics that I have hanging around.

Need to figure out a layout tonight. I really wanted to be sewing right now.

~Green

No comments:

Post a Comment