Monday, November 5, 2012

Remember, remember the 5th of November






It's Guy Fawkes day! Bonfire Day! And not sewing day. I just can't seem to get going and finishing any projects. I have the zig zag baby quilt top and the broken dishes quilt top ready to get going on backing and quilting and I just am so. not. motivated. I'm also right in the midst of making Star Trek quilt blocks and I just have, like, no excitement for it at all. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Over the weekend, Penn and I went to the library and I found some modern quilting books: Block Party Quilting and some other one that I don't remember the title of. But, I feel like I want to just stay home and sew and play with fabric. In fact, I'm really frustrated that I can't do that because I have to work and I have to just do other things right now. My problem is that I am so inspired to make stuff on one hand and then I just can't actually DO ANYTHING. It makes no sense. I liken it to writer's block, but I have so many ideas and so much inspiration that I just retreat. I really should try and turn the inspiration into action - more activity. I will try. NO! I will do it. I will sew something tonight. I really want to finish Miss Penn's quilt. I think she will like it and I would feel like such a good mom when I see her dragging it around the dirty floor.

I played Pinterest all morning and got really inspired to make a bird costume for Penn. She told me two days before Halloween that she wanted to be a bird and I saw a fabulous owl costume this morning. I think I can work on it after x-mas and then she can have it all Spring and Summer. She just loves to dress up. I envision her wearing it to dance class - she's really excited about this, too. I also want to make her a birthday crown out of felt. I found a felt supplier on etsy and I can't wait to order some felt and sew that. See? So many projects I want to do. I totally need to be making quilts and selling them so that I can make enough money to stay home all day long. Anyway... back to work...

Tomorrow is election day. Gotta study the ballot.




No comments:

Post a Comment