Sunday, November 11, 2012

Zumba, yoga and full time work

I'm now contemplating going back to work full-time. I plan to discuss this with my employer tomorrow. This will involve putting Penelope in school for three hours of the day and then taking her to my mom's house from 1 - 5. She will be gone from 8:30 to 5. I think it would be fine if she went to school for three hours out of the day, but I would really love to be able to be home with her when she was done. But, we just can't afford that right now. If I increase my hours from half-time to full-time we will save quite a bit of money. Plus, if I go onto my husband's insurance I will save a ton of money that way, too. It's really a lot to think about. I don't want to miss out on Penn's childhood, but I think that it would be best for my family right now if I work full-time. I guess I'll find out if it's even an option for me tomorrow.

I need to start exercising. I went to zumba a few times and I liked it, but it's really hard to make the time to go to to the Y and do the class. I found some youtube zumba routines and I'm gonna try to get up and do an hour's worth tomorrow morning and every morning. I also found some yoga instruction - I really don't have the time to make it to yoga, since it happens in the early afternoon. But I love yoga. I always feel so great after I do yoga that it must be really good for my body. I will do this a few days a week, too.

Onto quilting: I finally got on my sewing machine and fixed the tension problem. Then I sewed and sewed and changed the bobbin thread and my tension problems magically returned. UGH! I just can't figure it out. I never should've touched the bobbin tension.  I should've at least noted where the bobbin screw was so that I could reset it once I was finished quilting my quilt. I really want a fancy, new machine. I also think I need a serger. I don't really know what I would do with a serger, I just want one. I'm excited to try applique. I really should so that I can get over being afraid of it. I also really want to be able to sew curves. I need to get the curve master out again and test it out a few more times. I have a lot of circle quilts that I would like to work on.

That's all for me tonight. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment