Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Feet!

I started working on the blocks for the Simple Modern Bee that starts next month (Nov) and I realized that I just can't mail any blocks if I don't get a handle on my quarter inch seams. I gave in and ordered a quarter inch foot with a guide because I feel like that is going to be the best way to keep that seam allowance correct. For me, it's okay if it's a little bit off, but I just would feel terrible if I made these blocks for folks in the bee and they think I'm a terrible seamstress.

I also ordered a walking foot since I really want one for straight line quilting and for attaching my binding. I signed up for Amazon Prime so that I will get my goodies on Friday.

I have also been purchasing tons of fabric. I'm going to be making a Star Trek quilt for my mom for X-mas because she is a huge Star Trek freak! I found some great Star Trek fabric on Spoonflower. I was going to design some of my own fabric, but I just don't feel like I have the time right now. I will later, though.

I also ordered a bunch of precuts from Fat Quarter Shop. I got some Bungle Jungle and some Mod Century and some Oh! Deer all by Moda. I bought charm packs. I love charm packs, but then I feel like I don't want to use them because I just like looking at all the fancy fabrics.

Here is a baby quilt that I made using the Bungle Jungle charm squares and some solid black and solid white Moda charm squares:






I really liked making this quilt. There are so many things you can do with half square triangles and I totes love them.

I'm currently trying to design the Star Trek quilt so that I can show off the fabrics. I'm checking in on pinterest and trying to figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment