Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Penelope's broken dishes

Ooops! I just realized I forgot to post a photo of Penn's broken dishes quilt that I made for her before I made the chevron (zig-zag) top.



This is how I became obsessed with half square triangles. I just love making them. and so many different layouts. I can't wait to finish these two quilts I've got going. I'm having a difficult time deciding on a back for Penn's quilt. I really want to try and do some applique. I bought a whole, huge roll of freezer paper and I've watched a ton of videos about freezer paper applique, but I'm a little intimidated by it. And, I don't really have an idea of an applique to do on the quilt - I just want to try the technique. I think some little butterflies ala Charlie & Lola in the same fabrics that are on the front would be really sweet (these thingys) and it would capture this time in her life when she really loves that cartoon. I'm going to have to create some fabric on Spoonflower that has all the characters that she loves. Maybe I could make her a pair of loungy pants with all of her favorite guys on it. I suppose some day I will sew somethings that are not quilts. I just love, love, love quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment