Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 28 and Gestational Diabetes

So... I have it - I have the gestational diabetes. It's horrible. I have to test my blood four times a day, eat every three hours and eat foods that I wouldn't normally eat and give up my favorite things (coca-cola and milk). I'm just not a big bread/pasta/rice eater and now I have to eat carbs at every meal and snack. I'm only allowed one piece of fruit a day - fruit shouldn't be bad. I guess it's just counterintuitive than I would think. Nuts count as a carb??? What???
Anyway. Other than that everything is good. We just bought a restaurant kiosk thing in the mall and are starting to build our empire. Baby is swishing around and beating the hell out of me - that's gotta be a good thing. Work is fine, it's my busy time of year... conferences and trips for doctors so I'm staying out of trouble. Write more later...


~Green

No comments:

Post a Comment