Thursday, October 1, 2009

Not much to say...

So... I'm at 26 weeks. Still sick. Not as sick, just different sick. I have lost the ability to eat meat. I'm now in, what my friend Anna calls, the white food phase - I'm living off of pasta, mashed potatoes, rice, yogurt, ice cream, cereal and peanut butter sandwiches. I do eat whole wheat bread, so really, that's brown, but it's still light, easy to digest, carb-loaded kinds of things.


I'm having trouble bending over and my depth perception is really off. I lose my balance often - oh wait, I've always been a klutz - yeah, that's nothing new.


But, the good parts are feeling her move around inside my belly. It is such a strange feeling. Usually, when you have movement in your body somewhere, your brain is controlling it, so even if you are not consciously trying to move, you know that you are doing the moving. But this is so different - I am not in control of the movement in the least. It is coming from that little creature inside me. Symbiotic relationships are very complex and not something I can ever experience again.


My husband said yesterday that pregnancy is like bootcamp. You don't really like it, and had you known what it was going to be like you may not have signed up, but having gone through it, you wouldn't change it.


~ Green




PS - I just got off the phone with the doctor's office. I have to do a three-hour blood glucose screening b/c my original glucose level was high. Now I have to worry about gestational diabetes. Wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment