Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Quilt

Started working on a new quilt tonight. I'm so excited. I have reestablished a relationship with an old high school friend and he and his beau have been so nice to me that I want to make them something special. I think that I can make this quilt in three and a half weeks.

I cut the patterned fabrics tonight (except 1) and I'll cut the solids and the one pattern tomorrow night. Then I'll cut the sashing on Wednesday night and start sewing the blocks together. (pictures of cuts and fabrics on the way).

I love it when I feel so inspired to make something for someone. When the thought and the work and the materials come together to create the perfect gift for someone special. When they are totally not expecting it either - that is the best part. It's not for a holiday or any particular day of the year - it's for "just because".

I picked a palette of greens, blues and purples. It's going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to use my new darning foot to free-motion quilt the top.

~Green

No comments:

Post a Comment