Thursday, May 3, 2012

Birthdays, quilts and nursing

Yesterday was my birthday and I was lucky enough to have the day off. I actually have the week off since my brother is getting married in NYC and my family is there.. I don't have any childcare so I took the week off to spend with my lovely daughter.
We went out to dinner last night and it was a horrible time. I didn't care too much that it was a birthday dinner - I mean, it was dinner out with my husband and my two-year old - call it Wednesday night dinner. But it should've gone better. Penn was completely out of control - we've never had that from her before. I had suggested that we not try to go out because I could just tell we were in for that "kind of a time" before we left.
Anyway... I did get to do a lot of sewing yesterday on my quilt for my friends. It's really coming together and I'm super excited to keep quilting and to always have a project in process. I would like to start participating in some quilt-a-longs or some other kinds of projects that I haven't done before. There was a sock knitting competition that I read about... I would have to dust of the dpns.
My daughter is just about finished with nursing. I thought this day would never come. I was/am thoroughly happy to continue as long as she would like, but I'm pretty excited that we seem to be on the sharp decline. If someone would've told me that I would still be nursing her at 25 months, I would've told them to jump in the lake. I didn't even think it would have lasted 6 months with the amount of pain I was in when we first started. That Lansinoh lanolin was a lifesaver - nipple saver. I use it for my feet and elbows now and on my hands in the winter when they are really chapped. It creates a nice water-barrier... whoa! off track. sorry.
Off to the market to get some stuff. Coffee beans, loose tea, pajamas for the girl, etc, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment